The start of a new year is the perfect time for the world’s seers and soothsayers to share their visions for the coming twelve months.
Here is a brief selection of some of those predictions we found most intriguing and exciting…
Social Business: 5 Trends To Watch For 2013 And Beyond
Michael Idinopulos, chief customer officer and general manager of Socialtext, shared his thought with Forbes.
- Mobile and tablets are no longer an afterthought.
- Integrated social analytics will become more critical than ever.
- Integrated ecosystems will start to include employees, suppliers, partners and customers.
- Total employee life-cycle management will be driven by HR.
- Embedded employee engagement tools will continue to drive collaboration:
Top Web Design and Development Trends 2013
.Net magazine have posted a great list of 20 trends to watch out for. We picked the 5 we’ll be following most closely –
- Baked-in responsive web design
- Multi-device design
- Leaner, performance-focused websites
- More video
- Storytelling and personality
The Can’t-Miss Social Media Trends For 2013
Ryan Holmes, CEO of Hootsuite, crystal balls the future of social on the Fast Company website
- Mobile social media usage continues to soar
- Social advertising grows and evolves
- International and niche social networks experience dramatic growth
- Social media moves beyond the marketing department
- Big data grows but gets more manageable
- Social media education gets formalized
13 Predictions for 2013
Nesta, an independent charity with a mission to help people and organisations bring great ideas to life, have put together a collection of 13 predictions for the year ahead spanning the tech, retail and entertainment industries as well as business and the public sector. Here are our favourites…
- Prediction will become ubiquitous – predictive tools will move from being of marginal interest to part of mainstream culture.
- Robot Overlords – invisible robots, or embedded intelligence, will become mainstream.
- Big business accelerates Collaborative Consumption growth – while smaller enterprises nibble at the edges, Big Business will take a big bite into the Collaborative Consumption market.
- It’s appy hour! – civic apps will make it big in 2013. Want to live an easier city life? There’s (most likely) an app for that.
- Edutech; this time it’s personal – adaptive learning technologies will allow for more individually tailored online learning.
- Digital Public services come of age – public services will finally figure out what the web is for!